Across modern time, humans very often have looked for healing tools in all the wrong places. The most powerful tools for healing are found right here on the green fields of earth! Mother Nature knows more than we humans will ever know and she provides everything we could ever need to heal, maintain and protect our health. Something synthetic, made from chemicals in a lab will never work better than what nature creates.
Essential oils were mankind’s first medicine. I have read that the practice of using essential oils dates back to ancient Egypt and even the bible references them, particularly with the oils of frankincense, myrrh, rosemary and hyssop being used to anoint and heal the sick and wounded.
Essential oils are liquids that have been distilled from plants, seeds, bark, leaves, flowers and fruit.
Benefits of essential oils are endless and give an abundance of therapeutic and medicinal aid. Here are a list of the benefits that I’ve come up with;
- Essential oils contain little bubbles of oxygen (molecules) that help transport important nutrients to weakened cells.
- Essential oils are powerful antioxidants. Antioxidants create unfriendly environments for free radicals.
- Essential oils are antibacterial, antiviral and antiseptic. Essential oils have been proven to destroy bacteria and viruses and at the same time restore balance to the body.
- Essential oils have the ability to pass the blood-brain barrier, meaning they can be effective for treating brain injuries and diseases like Alzheimer’s, Parkinson’s, MS, functional neurological disorder just to name a few. This is why essential oils such as frankincense and sandalwood can help increase the amount of oxygen in the limbic system of the brain.
- Essential oils are aromatic, so when diffused they provide air purification and remove toxins in the air. They also increase ozone and negative ions in the air that inhibits bacterial growth.
- Essential oils help promote emotional, physical, and spiritual healing. Having diffusers running in my home I have noticed a definite rise in energy. My insomnia, fatigue and chronic illnesses have all been reduced since using the essential oils.
- Clinical research has been shown that essential oils can quickly raise the frequency of the human body, restoring it to a normal healthy level.
There are many ways to use essential oils. One way is to use them through topical applications. On waking, I apply them to all my pulse points in the morning, and I will reapply them multiple times throughout the day. One of my favorite essential oils is Peppermint. The peppermint plant is a hybrid of watermint and spearmint and was first described by Carl Linneaus in 1753. A high menthol content like that found in the doTERRA Peppermint essential oil distinguishes the best quality Peppermint from other products. Using topically it allows for a immediate pick up. It helps focus and concentration. Place one drop in the palm of your hand and massage into the skin then inhale for a quick pick-me-up when ever required. It promotes healthy respiratory function and clear breathing.
I’ve left diffusing oils to last because simply there are so many ways to diffuse. Firstly putting a few drops on a tissue and inhaling. You can dro a few drops into hot water and breathe the vapours in. You can put oils into a electric diffuser or use a oil burner. No matter how you diffuse, they are all great ways to utilise the benefits of essential oils.
Essential oils are a journey that allows a beautiful healthy happy life in mind, body and soul. I wish you well in yours. If you would like more information please don’t hesitate to get in touch with me through email, firstname.lastname@example.org or through my social media channels;
Sending an abundance of peace, love and natural healing to you all. ✌🏻❤️